From DT Online
- to ensure continuity and progression;
- to ensure a balanced coverage of the various aspects of Design and Technology;
- to prioritise time available;
- to meet examination and other deadlines;
- to appoint and assign staff with appropriate training;
- to allocate resources;
- to take advantage of external learning opportunities (e.g. visits or visiting speakers).
For most purposes, Planning can take the form of:
- Long Term Planning
- to meet the Aims of the course overall in the time allocated.
- Medium Term Planning
- Short Term Planning
- usually a single Lesson Plan and describes the particular measurable Objectives to be met.