Privacy and Cookies
From DT Online
Revision as of 13:52, 18 January 2016 by DT Online
We recognise and respect your need for privacy and security as you visit our site. When you visit our site to view any pages, read product information, you do so without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. While we do not collect identifying information about visitors to our site, we do use standard software to collect information for the strict purpose of tracking activity on our site. This allows us to better understand how many people use our site and which pages and features are most popular. The only information we normally collect and store is:
- Your IP address.
- The web site that referred you to us (if any).
- The date and time the pages were accessed.
- The page or pages you requested
There are instances where you may elect to provide us with personal information. If you fill out one of our feedback or request forms or send us email, you are transmitting the information that appears to you in the form or the message. This will typically include information like your name, mailing address, email address, the kind of request you are making, and any other information necessary to fulfil your request. You never transmit personally identifying information that you do not enter yourself. And this is always your option; this information cannot be collected unless you specifically elect to send it to us. This information is used internally only for the purpose of fulfilling the request or for contacting you directly and is not given or sold to any other organisation.
We hope you find our website useful and informative and are always willing to answer questions and receive suggestions. If you have either, please e-mail the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use three types of cookie on the site:
- Analytics cookies: We use Google Analytics to track usage of the site and give us a statistical analysis of which pages are most popular, how many visitors we get and so on. The cookies that Google Analytics set are remembered by your computer after you finish your visit to our website.
- Session cookie: When you log in to the website, we have to set a cookie in order to know that when you move to another page, you are already logged in. This cookie is deleted from your computer when you log out of the website, or close down your browser.
- Persistent login cookie: When you log in, if you tick the keep me logged in box, we set a persistent cookie so that next time you visit the website, we can automatically log you in.
We may also embed content from external websites in this site, (e.g. videos from YouTube). These external sites may set their own cookies.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. You can find out how to do this for your browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu. No information obtained from a cookie will be used by DT Online for marketing purposes.