From DT Online
Features and Applications
It contains the equivalent of approximately 20 transistors, resistors, diodes etc. It is used for timing or switching circuits which give pulsed or digital outputs.
- connected to the negative (-ve) supply
- TRIGGER a voltage greater than 1/3 supply volts enables the chip.
- OUTPUT is equal to the supply volts when the output is on (600mW max).
- RESET when connected to positive supply volts.
- CONTROL OUTPUT applying a variable voltage to this pin varies the frequency of the output.
- THRESHOLD a voltage higher than the threshold voltage (2/3 supply volts) turns on the output.
- DISCHARGE when the output is turned on the pin goes to 0v allowing discharge of any connected capacitor.
- positive supply voltage (+ve) (4.5v - 16v)
Uses: Oscillators, triggers, inverters, timers.
|Transistor selection NPN and PNP||BC108 Transistor||BC547B Transistor||BFY51 Transistor||Darlington Transistors||555 IC Timer||741 Operational Amplifier||Quad 2-input NOR Gate 14 Pin Logic IC||Quad 2-input NAND Gate 14-DIP Logic IC|