Portable Power Tools
From DT Online
DT Online uses the term Portable Power Tools to refer to electrically powered tools designed to accomplish a range of tasks (Pneumatically powered tools are also available but are less common and their use requires the availability of a compressed air supply, hence are more used in a garage or industrial environment rather that on site, at home or in a general craft workshop).
The electrical power required can be provided:
- as 220V - 250V mains electricity (i.e. corded),
- as a reduced voltage 110V supply via a transformer,
- this is the preferred option for working outside on site since the reduced voltage and isolation provided by the transformer, greatly reduces or even removes the prospect of a fatal electric shock;
- by rechargeable batteries (i.e. cordless) with supply voltages generally between 10V and 18V (although other voltages are also used),
- these are much preferred for school and on-site use : they are not only electrically safe but avoid the trip hazard that trailing leads may create, and are much more convenient to use.
Pages in category ‘Portable Power Tools’
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
Media in category ‘Portable Power Tools’
The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.
- Circular Saw.jpg
- Jig Saw.jpg