Cow's Tongue Stake
From DT Online
Stakes are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The more complex shapes such as a 3-Arm Cow's Tongue Stake are usually made of Cast Iron.
- 12oz Hammers (0.45kg) are a good useful size for general work in Design and Technology.
- Larger 2lb hammers (1kg) are used for heavier work such as Blacksmithing for example.
- Smaller hammers (e.g. 4oz and 8oz) are suitable for jewellery work and model engineering applications.
- Brick Hammers between 1lb and 1.5lb weight (450g to 700g) are suitable for school use and are available also with a Scutch Comb Chisel at one end which can be used for shaping brick and masonry.
- A 2lb Lump Hammer (0.9kg) is a good useful size for general work in Design and Technology and home maintenance tasks.
- 2lb to 4lb Sledge Hammers (1-2kg) are a suitable size for general forge-work in Design and Technology since hammers heavier than 4lb would be difficult for students to use.
|Ball Pein Hammer||Blacksmiths Hammers||Brick Hammer||Claw Hammer||Cross Pein Hammer||Lump (or Club) Hammer||Pin Hammer||Sledge Hammer|