Cross Pein Hammer
From DT Online
Cross Pein Hammers (aka Peen) are general purpose carpenter's hammers used for driving in nails. They are also known as Warrington Pattern hammers.
Features and Uses
The Cross Pein is used to start the nail then the hammer is reversed and the nail driven home by the flat face. They are available with head weights in the range 225gm (8oz) to 454gm (16oz).
- 12oz Hammers (0.45kg) are a good useful size for general work in Design and Technology.
- Larger 2lb hammers (1kg) are used for heavier work such as Blacksmithing for example.
- Smaller hammers (e.g. 4oz and 8oz) are suitable for jewellery work and model engineering applications.
- Brick Hammers between 1lb and 1.5lb weight (450g to 700g) are suitable for school use and are available also with a Scutch Comb Chisel at one end which can be used for shaping brick and masonry.
- A 2lb Lump Hammer (0.9kg) is a good useful size for general work in Design and Technology and home maintenance tasks.
- 2lb to 4lb Sledge Hammers (1-2kg) are a suitable size for general forge-work in Design and Technology since hammers heavier than 4lb would be difficult for students to use.
|Ball Pein Hammer||Blacksmiths Hammers||Brick Hammer||Claw Hammer||Cross Pein Hammer||Lump (or Club) Hammer||Pin Hammer||Sledge Hammer|