From DT Online
The lounge lighting scheme should be considered as soon as the furniture layout is decided upon.
There should be suitably soft and muted lighting for conversation and relaxation and brighter lighting over areas for working and reading.
Central pendant lights are the most common but they tend to flatten shadows and are not usually bright enough to work by.
More effective lighting can be achieved by using a variety of lamps for different purposes:
- Desk Lamps to shine down on a work surface
- Standard Lamps to illuminate a corner or for reading under
- Wall Lights can illuminate a picture or table or bounce light off ceiling and walls.
- Table Lamps provide local areas of light
- Spotlights can be directed at pictures or displays.
|Furniture||Seating||Storage Units||Home Entertainment||Lighting||Heating|