Drill Press Buyers Guide
From DT Online
- Stands for Portable Power Drills are inexpensive and adequate if only light work mainly in wood and plastics is intended.
- For more general purpose home workshop use choose a bench drill.
- The floor-mounted drill shown is for more arduous use drilling larger diameters.
- A combined Milling/Drilling machine would be a popular choice for Model Engineers and in home workshops.
- Mortisers comprise an Auger Bit inside a hollow square chisel which squares off the hole as it is drilled (Mortising attachments for Drill Presses are also available)
- Mini-drills and PCB Drills are useful for modelling and for drilling holes in circuit boards to receive eletronics components.